TEMPORARY STAY VISA FOR AMATEUR SPORTS ACTIVITY
Applications for the extension of stay are submitted in any SEF’s directorate or regional delegation, on a standard form, signed by the applicant or his/her legal representative, or on-line, holding the necessary documentation as follows:
- Two recent, identical photographs, in colour with blank background, and easily identifiable (only for appointments at Aveiro or Braga SEF bureau)
- Passport or any other valid travel document
- Whenever the applicant is a minor or legally disabled person, the application should be submitted and signed by his/her legal representative
- Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence, as per the provisions of Order number 1563/2007, of 11/12
- Evidence that the applicant has adequate accommodation
- Permission for checking criminal records , where the stay is intended to exceed 90 days (except for under 16 years old)
- Return travel ticket, or, in duly proven and well-documented situations, booking travel arrangements with clear return date, where the stay is intended to exceed 90 days
- Document issued by the relevant sports federation confirming the involvement of the applicant in the sports activity in question, accompanied by an affidavit signed by the sports club or association undertaking responsibility for the accommodation and for the payment of any expenses related to health care or repatriation of the applicant.
Applications submitted on-line do not relieve the applicant from collecting biometric data and the affixing of SEF’s sticker, by scheduling into one of its Service Bureaus
The validity of the visa for temporary stay, including the respective extension of stay may not exceed one year
Applications for extending the period of stay shall not be granted where delivered more than 30 days after the term of the authorized period of stay
The following administrative offences apply: Article 192 of the Aliens Act (Illegal Stay); Article 197 of the Aliens Act (No entry declaration); Article 199 of the Aliens Act (No travel document).
tags: portugal, sports, football, visa, extension, sef, documents .